Mod_rewrite To Alias One File Suffix Type To Another
I hope I can explain this clearly enough, but if not let me know and I'll try to clarify.
I'm currently developing a site using ColdFusion and have a mod_rewrite rule in place to make it look like the site is using PHP. Any requests for index.php get processed by index.cfm (the rule maps *.php to *.cfm).
This works great - so far, so good. The problem is that I want to return a 404 status code if index.cfm (or any ColdFusion page) is requested directly.
If I try to block access to *.cfm files using mod_rewrite it also returns a 404 for requests to *.php.
I figure I might have to change my Apache config rather than use .htaccess
You can use the
S flag to skip the
404 rule, like this:
RewriteEngine on # Do not separate these two rules so long as the first has S=1 RewriteRule (.*)\.php$ $1.cfm [S=1] RewriteRule \.cfm$ - [R=404]
If you are also using the
Alias option then you should also add the
PT flag. See the mod_rewrite documentation for details.
- → Laravel 5: Apache php http authentication
- → Htaccess negation
- → OctoberCMS error in frontend - frontend is not accessible firing error "Default value for parameters with a class type hint can only be NULL"
- → How to give access execute specific php file in server?
- → 301 Redirection from no-www to www in wordpress
- → Cyclical redirection at the start laravel 5 project
- → Can't route in Laravel framework
- → How to benefit of prerender.io services if my Apache server doesn't allow a proxy
- → OctoberCMS installation MYSQL error
- → Redirect 301 htaccess prestashop
- → Permissions "public" folder Laravel
- → .htaccess affect other file url
- → How i can redirect from "www.mywebsite.com////" to "www.mywebsite.com"?