Mod-Rewrite Loading Files Behind The DocumentRoot
mod_rewrite to point to files that reside behind the DocumentRoot. My folder structure looks like this:
home/ webroot/ other_files/
I have a
.htaccess file in webroot with the following content:
RewriteEngine on RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /home/other_files/$1
If I try to access http://example.com/file.html I receive the following error:
The requested URL /home/other_files/file.html was not found on this server.
Is it even possible to load files that are behind the DocumentRoot? If so, can someone point me in the right direction?
I believe you need to add a section with
<Directory "/home/other_files"> (options) </Directory>
to your server configuration before apache will be able to serve anything from it. For an example, my DocumentRoot is /var/www but there is this section in the default available site:
Alias /doc/ "/usr/share/doc/" <Directory "/usr/share/doc/"> Options Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks AllowOverride None Order deny,allow Deny from all Allow from 127.0.0.0/255.0.0.0 ::1/128 </Directory>
You could then rewrite a URL to go to /doc/ and the server would know where to get the files from.
- → .htaccess - not routing to public folder
- → Laravel 4.2 application occurs unnecessary redirection after uploading live server
- → Htaccess negation
- → Building sitemap for 2 wordpress install under 1 domain
- → htaccess not working properly for sub url having more slashes
- → How to give access execute specific php file in server?
- → 301 Redirection from no-www to www in wordpress
- → Cyclical redirection at the start laravel 5 project
- → Can't route in Laravel framework
- → codeigniter seo url with htaccess
- → PHP Seo Friendly URL
- → Convert URL to SEO Friendly
- → IP Canonicalization (WordPress)