MIME Type Conflict With TYPO3 Compressed CSS And JS Resources
I am rather new to TYPO3. Recently I noticed some very weird behavior in my installation: Some CSS-files in the directory
typo3temp/assets/compressed got the MIME-type
text/html instead of the expected
text/css. Therefore my browser received a 403 Forbidden status code from the webserver for these resources. That resulted in some parts of the backend being shown without styling.
I tried clearing all caches and deleting the
typo3temp/assets/compressed directory, however now all the stuff in there (CSS and JS) is served with MIME-type
Do you have any ideas how this might happen and how to fix it?
Some details of my setup:
- TYPO3 v10.4.13 (recently updated from 10.4.9)
- Apache web server (I don't have access to its config and have to rely on .htaccess files)
I suggest to set
in order not have these kind of problems. The problem is that this compression creates compressed files but relies on webserver configuration in order to deliver them as
text/css and NOT applying the default webserver's transport compression to them (or they could end up double-compressed and you might not even easily notice - some browsers can deal with that, others not).
It is a kind of micro-optimization that sounded useful in times when we avoided https:// because of the processing overhead...
Here's some docs (the first statement is outdated in my oppinion): https://docs.typo3.org/m/typo3/reference-skinning/master/en-us/BackendCssApi/CssCompression/Index.html
- → Laravel 5: Apache php http authentication
- → Htaccess negation
- → OctoberCMS error in frontend - frontend is not accessible firing error "Default value for parameters with a class type hint can only be NULL"
- → How to give access execute specific php file in server?
- → 301 Redirection from no-www to www in wordpress
- → Cyclical redirection at the start laravel 5 project
- → Can't route in Laravel framework
- → How to benefit of prerender.io services if my Apache server doesn't allow a proxy
- → OctoberCMS installation MYSQL error
- → Redirect 301 htaccess prestashop
- → Permissions "public" folder Laravel
- → .htaccess affect other file url
- → How i can redirect from "www.mywebsite.com////" to "www.mywebsite.com"?