Make A Bilingual SEO Depending Of User's Country
I've build a website and I'm trying to make a bilingual SEO (french and english), my website has two pages :
mywebsitename.com/ and mywebsitename.com/en (for the english version)
Both has a meta description and title.
The problem is that both link (french and english) appears on the result of the search on google and I would to keep only one of them depend on the user's country:
If I live in France, I would like that the only link that appear is the french one and if you live in United States or an other english country I would like that the only link that appear is the english one.
Does anyone know how to do it ?
You should provide the crawler with more information using the hreflang attribute to specify different language versions of the page like this
<link rel="alternate" hreflang="de" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="http://mywebsitename.com/de" />
<link rel="alternate" hreflang="en" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="http://mywebsitename.com/en" />
You can also consider investing in a ccTLD(country code top-level domain) instead of a generic domain name. (.com, .org etc.). These are webpages ending in country specific two letter identifiers.
where fr stands for France.
ccTLD is the most preferred way to target your audience geographically. Using a ccTLD would would tell the crawler that
are two different sites altogether. This helps refine the results even better. Anyways. Hope it helps. Thanks for the question.
- → October CMS create a multi select Form field
- → How to update data attribute on Ajax complete
- → laravel blade templating error
- → should I choose reactjs+f7 or f7+vue.js?
- → How to dynamically add class to parent div of focused input field?
- → Setting the maxlength of text in an element that is displayed
- → Expanding search bar not expanding before search
- → Get the calling element with vue.js
- → Blade: how to include a section in one page but not in another
- → How to print/log reactjs rendered dom?
- → how to write react component to construct HTML DOM