Linux Shell Equivalent On IIS
As a LAMP developer considering moving to a .Net IIS platform, one of my concerns is the loss of productivity due to lack of shell... Has anyone else had this experience? Is there possibly a Linux shell equivalent for Windows?
Depending on what version of IIS you're considering, I would second lbrandy's recommendation to check out PowerShell. Microsoft is working on a PowerShell provider for IIS (specifically version 7). There is a decent post about this at http://blogs.iis.net/thomad/archive/2008/04/14/iis-7-0-powershell-provider-tech-preview-1.aspx. The upcoming version of PowerShell will also add remoting capabilities so that you can remotely manage machines. PowerShell is quite different from *NIX shells, though, so that is something to consider.
Hope this helps.
- → React-Starterify Project on Windows computer, babel not working
- → Setting environment variables in package.json scripts under Windows
- → React component for "rectangle selection"
- → How Can I install OctoberCMS with PHP Version 5.x?
- → Reconfigure Homestead vagrant box after issue
- → When installing just PHP on Windows, all php extensions are commented out by default?
- → Bootstrap collapse and modal windows JS
- → Laravel uploading file Unable to write in directory
- → Bootstrap modal window not showing
- → Angular-drag-and-drop-lists: Inputs with draggable property causing unintended behavior in IE
- → Using gulp with Laravel Elixir - disable tray icon messages?
- → .gitignore the database file in laravel