Laravel - Where Should I Put User Uploaded Personal/sensitive Documents?
Currently, I am putting all files in my public directory which means that anyone can download the file.
However, I don't want anyone else to see that file other than the user who created it. As of right now, I have no control over that. Maybe if I store it in another directory, I will be using middleware to protect it.
But I'm stuck on the part where I can upload the user-uploaded files.
Where is the best directory to put them? I don't have an external server I just have a VPS.
Laravel has a
storage folder designed especially for this case. It's not available from outside your server and you will have to serve the files from it through Laravel.
- → "failed to open stream" error when executing "migrate:make"
- → October CMS Plugin Routes.php not registering
- → OctoberCMS Migrate Table
- → OctoberCMS Rain User plugin not working or redirecting
- → October CMS Custom Mail Layout
- → October CMS - How to correctly route
- → October CMS create a multi select Form field
- → October CMS - Conditionally Load a Different Page
- → How to disable assets combining on development in OctoberCMS
- → October CMS - Radio Button Ajax Click Twice in a Row Causes Content to disappear
- → OctoberCms component: How to display all ID(items) instead of sorting only one ID?
- → In OctoberCMS how do you find the hint path?
- → How to register middlewares in OctoberCMS plugin?