Laravel - update is incrementing the ID?
I'm making an API using Laravel. In one of my scripts, I make an update on a field, like this :
user::where('uuid', $uuid)->update(['date' => $date]);
I noticed that the primary key increments when doing this. My obvious conclusion is that Eloquent makes a delete - insert in place of a regular MySQL update.
And so the question is, why ?
It's not possible that this line of code will update id your records. Whenever you thing something strange happens in your application (not only in Laravel), you should:
- analyse what exactly code is running that causes this problem (for example you think the error is in this line but you execute also some other custom function where error might occur)
- verify if there are no extra framework dependant code launched - in this case events for
- verify if there are no triggers in Database (that will automatically update/insert/delete records)
- → "failed to open stream" error when executing "migrate:make"
- → October CMS Plugin Routes.php not registering
- → OctoberCMS Migrate Table
- → OctoberCMS Rain User plugin not working or redirecting
- → October CMS Custom Mail Layout
- → October CMS - How to correctly route
- → October CMS - Conditionally Load a Different Page
- → Make a Laravel collection into angular array (octobercms)
- → In OctoberCMS how do you find the hint path?
- → How to register middlewares in OctoberCMS plugin?
- → Validating fileupload(image Dimensions) in Backend Octobercms
- → OctoberCMS Fileupload completely destroys my backend
- → How do I call the value from another backed page form and use it on a component in OctoberCms