Laravel Model "case" Or If Statement
so i'm newer to laravel models and have searched pretty extensively and wondering how to do the following in the model.
i have a master table (primary key=id) with a fields of type and type_id.
if the value of type=1, i want to reference table1 and the records master.type_id=table1.primarykey. this table has field abc
if the value of type=2, i want to reference table2 and the records master.type_id=table2.primarykey. this table has field def
i'm wondering what the model is that would do this and i'd be able to reference fields abc and def.
thanks for your help
Take a look at the Polymorphic relationship, that's what you're looking for I think
- → "failed to open stream" error when executing "migrate:make"
- → October CMS Plugin Routes.php not registering
- → OctoberCMS Migrate Table
- → OctoberCMS Rain User plugin not working or redirecting
- → October CMS Custom Mail Layout
- → October CMS - How to correctly route
- → October CMS - Conditionally Load a Different Page
- → Make a Laravel collection into angular array (octobercms)
- → In OctoberCMS how do you find the hint path?
- → How to register middlewares in OctoberCMS plugin?
- → Validating fileupload(image Dimensions) in Backend Octobercms
- → OctoberCMS Fileupload completely destroys my backend
- → How do I call the value from another backed page form and use it on a component in OctoberCms