Laravel chat channel authentication without full user instance
Authentication: I want to build a anonymous chat which people with the channelname and password can access.
Remember instance: When they enter the correct channel/pass-combination, they will be assigned a random username. Their messages will be linked to this username.
The only way I know how to authenticate people is through the user instance, but for convenience and anonimity I don't want people to create a whole account. I wish to use the User class for people to create new chat channels with.
So the architecture is like this:
User hasMany Chat hasMany AnonUser hasMany Message
Can someone explain how to authenticate anonymous users through a channel/pass-combination?
you did not mention your version of Laravel.. in case you did I would send you a sample code, but anyway here is the link to the most recent version's documentation: https://laravel.com/docs/5.2/authentication
you can find all the neccassary information there.
- → "failed to open stream" error when executing "migrate:make"
- → October CMS Plugin Routes.php not registering
- → OctoberCMS Migrate Table
- → OctoberCMS Rain User plugin not working or redirecting
- → October CMS Custom Mail Layout
- → October CMS - How to correctly route
- → October CMS create a multi select Form field
- → October CMS - Conditionally Load a Different Page
- → How to disable assets combining on development in OctoberCMS
- → October CMS - Radio Button Ajax Click Twice in a Row Causes Content to disappear
- → OctoberCms component: How to display all ID(items) instead of sorting only one ID?
- → In OctoberCMS how do you find the hint path?
- → How to register middlewares in OctoberCMS plugin?