Laravel 5 : Use Different Database For Testing And Local
How does one change database for development and testing on local system without editing the
.env file each time?
I have found it quite inconvenient to practice TDD because of this.
Is it possible for a Laravel application to differentiate between normal development and testing so that it can choose the appropriate database?
Create a testing database configuration in Laravel
config\database.php file and add a
testing - array into the
'connections' => [ 'testing' => [ 'driver' => env('DB_TEST_DRIVER'), // more details on your testing database ] ]
Then add the necessary variables to your
Edit PHPUnit configuration
phpunit.xml-file and add the following within your
<env name="DB_CONNECTION" value="testing"/>
Now PHPUnit will run with the tests on the database you defined in the
testing - array.
- → "failed to open stream" error when executing "migrate:make"
- → October CMS Plugin Routes.php not registering
- → OctoberCMS Migrate Table
- → OctoberCMS Rain User plugin not working or redirecting
- → October CMS Custom Mail Layout
- → October CMS - How to correctly route
- → October CMS create a multi select Form field
- → October CMS - Conditionally Load a Different Page
- → How to disable assets combining on development in OctoberCMS
- → October CMS - Radio Button Ajax Click Twice in a Row Causes Content to disappear
- → OctoberCms component: How to display all ID(items) instead of sorting only one ID?
- → In OctoberCMS how do you find the hint path?
- → How to register middlewares in OctoberCMS plugin?