Laravel 5 Package Development GIT Setup
I have some great code I want to share....so I am moving code from my laravel 5 app into individual packages for use through composer/packagist.
This will also allow me to separate out code I only want in development and avoid deployment of nasty database modification classes to production.
I am confused on setting up git. My main project is running on a git repository. I am developing the packages under a sub-folder named packages/myname/package_name1/ . Each package is going to want its own git repository.
Should I add the folder "packages" to my .gitignore file for my main repository, then set up a git repository for each subfolder?
I followed this tutorial: Setup Laravel 5 Package
If you're using composer/packagist then yes, you should add the folder packages to .gitignore on your main repository. When deploying the entire application or when updating a package you'll have to do a
composer install/update to keep everything up to date.
- → "failed to open stream" error when executing "migrate:make"
- → October CMS Plugin Routes.php not registering
- → OctoberCMS Migrate Table
- → OctoberCMS Rain User plugin not working or redirecting
- → October CMS Custom Mail Layout
- → October CMS - How to correctly route
- → October CMS create a multi select Form field
- → October CMS - Conditionally Load a Different Page
- → How to disable assets combining on development in OctoberCMS
- → October CMS - Radio Button Ajax Click Twice in a Row Causes Content to disappear
- → OctoberCms component: How to display all ID(items) instead of sorting only one ID?
- → In OctoberCMS how do you find the hint path?
- → How to register middlewares in OctoberCMS plugin?