Laravel 5 eloquent query confusion
I have some confusion on what's the difference with this codes. I have been accustomed in using eloquent like
$users = User::all(); //OR $users = User::get();
But I have some training and our trainer uses DB
$users = DB::table('users')->get()
My question is which code is good to use and which is faster?
The first 2 require an eloquent model. The latter does not.
The eloquent model gives you easier options for customization. You can set soft deletes on the model and never worry about checking the flag in your query.
So it just depends how much abstraction you'd like.
You should certainly choose one or the other.
- → "failed to open stream" error when executing "migrate:make"
- → October CMS Plugin Routes.php not registering
- → OctoberCMS Migrate Table
- → OctoberCMS Rain User plugin not working or redirecting
- → October CMS Custom Mail Layout
- → October CMS - How to correctly route
- → October CMS - Conditionally Load a Different Page
- → Make a Laravel collection into angular array (octobercms)
- → In OctoberCMS how do you find the hint path?
- → How to register middlewares in OctoberCMS plugin?
- → Validating fileupload(image Dimensions) in Backend Octobercms
- → OctoberCMS Fileupload completely destroys my backend
- → How do I call the value from another backed page form and use it on a component in OctoberCms