Issues Installing Composer Correctly On OS X El Capitan
I know there are some questions about how to install composer on SO, but they did not help me.
I am trying to install composer (for laravel). I have OS X El Capitan.
I downloaded composer like this:
$ curl -sS https://getcomposer.org/installer | php #!/usr/bin/env php All settings correct for using Composer Downloading... Composer successfully installed to: /Users/blckbird/composer.phar Use it: php composer.par
Next, I tried to execute the laravel installation:
composer global require "laravel/installer"
Which did not work because:
-bash: composer: command not found
So I tried:
sudo mv composer.phar /usr/local/composer
Which worked, however, I still can not execute composer (same error as above).
What am I doing wrong and how can I install composer correct?
Since your composer.phar is installed in /Users/blckbird/, try this for global installation:
sudo mv /Users/blckbird/composer.phar /usr/local/bin/composer
Note: On some versions of OSX the /usr directory does not exist by default. If you receive the error "/usr/local/bin/composer: No such file or directory" then you must create the directory manually before proceeding: mkdir -p /usr/local/bin. More info.
- → Issues installing composer correctly on OS X El Capitan
- → cant install composer and laravel (mac el capitano)
- → PhpStorm highlighting Laravel blade incorrectly on Mac? Was ok on old PC
- → Shopify's 'slate' package not running after installation
- → Slow response times: Laravel 5.2 in Docker container
- → fail (backjumping, conflict set: cardano-crypto-class)
- → Clean up the Python installation
- → How can I install PyQt5 on Mac?
- → Why git status shows same file twice?
- → Can't install or run OpenShift RHC client tools on MAC OS X
- → Failed to execute git - VS Code?
- → git status is reporting files it should ignore
- → phyton3 pip and pyautogui install mac -remove broken python