Is There Any Way To Give Everyone Access To Firestore Database, But Only Via App?
I am creating Android application with Firestore. My app does not require authentication. Is there any security rule to allows everyone read & write to firestore, but only via my app?
I have tried to find some rules, but each of them based on authentication.
Thank you for your help!
No, you can't limit access to your Cloud Firestore only to your application.
Since your application needs to know all the details that are needed to access the database, a malicious user can take those details and replicate them with code of their own.
To properly secure access to your database, you'll have to use Firebase's security rules. These are enforced on the server, so can't be by-passed by a malicious user. The logic here is that as long as the interactions with the database follow the rules you've set up, it doesn't really matter who wrote the code.
- → should I choose reactjs+f7 or f7+vue.js?
- → Phonegap Android write to sd card
- → Local reference jquery script in nanohttpd (Android)
- → Click to navigate on mobile devices
- → How to allow api access to android or ios app only(laravel)?
- → Access the Camera and CameraRoll on Android using React Native?
- → React native change listening port
- → What is the default unit of style in React Native?
- → Google play market autocomplete icon
- → Warning: Each child in an array or iterator should have a unique "key" prop. Check the render method of `ListView`
- → Using Laravel with Genymotion
- → react native using like web-based ajax function
- → react native pdf View