Is The "fr-DZ" Label ( That We Put On The Hreflang ) Correct For SEO?
Is this code recognizable by google by Google? I mean, is the "DZ" code correct for SEO? I searched about this subject, but any precise answer.
<link rel="alternate" hreflang="fr-DZ" href="https://domain.dz/"/>
I'm using wpml for translation, and support told me that is not sur that "fr-DZ" are correct for SEO directive.
Any idea about this subject, which can help me? This code is very important for me, to target my audience.
In the guide Tell Google about localized versions of your page --> Supported language/region codes, Google says:
The value of the hreflang attribute identifies the language (in ISO 639-1 format) and optionally a region (in ISO 3166-1 Alpha 2 format) of an alternate URL. (The language need not be related to the region.) For example:
- de: German language content, independent of region
- en-GB: English language content, for GB users
- de-ES: German language content, for users in Spain
DZ is the entry for Algeria in ISO 3166. Therefore, your markup is correct for French for Algeria.
- → CORS missmatch because of http
- → Building sitemap for 2 wordpress install under 1 domain
- → How to remove empty elements after class?(jQuery)
- → Get width of an element and apply to another relative to the first one?
- → How to remove caption p class from wordpress?
- → 301 Redirection from no-www to www in wordpress
- → Laravel 5 routing using prefix
- → WordPress - Header position Top, Left &Right
- → how to add rel=nofollow to some specific external links in wordpress
- → octobercms install error: database is not empty?
- → How to edit the index page of wordpress theme?
- → How to select a Post Type (Wordpress) to pass a filter in head?
- → What sort of URL structure should be used to display AMP HTML vs vanilla HTML