Is The BODY Field Important In Redirected URL?
I am running a wordpress site on which i was trying some redirects. I noticed when i redirect a particular URL from .HTACCESS the header response has a body of something like this:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN"> <html><head> <title>301 Moved Permanently</title> </head><body> <h1>Moved Permanently</h1> <p>The document has moved <a target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="http://example.com/aaa/bbb/">here</a>.</p> <hr> <address>Apache/2.2.22 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.22 OpenSSL/1.0.0-fips DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 Server at example.com Port 80</address> </body></html>
But the same is not appearing when i redirect a URL with wp_redirect().
Will that affect anything from a SEO perspective?
Thanks in advance.
Per the RFC2616 for HTTP1.1, section 10.3.2 "301 Moved Permanently":
Unless the request method was HEAD, the entity of the response SHOULD contain a short hypertext note with a hyperlink to the new URI(s).
Which I read as meaning it has body content, if its a
As to how Google and others interpret the 301, this may help to answer: https://stackoverflow.com/a/19645542/695787 . There are many discussions of this on the internet, but as far as I know, Google does not have a published specification for it.
- → CORS missmatch because of http
- → Building sitemap for 2 wordpress install under 1 domain
- → How to remove empty elements after class?(jQuery)
- → Get width of an element and apply to another relative to the first one?
- → How to remove caption p class from wordpress?
- → 301 Redirection from no-www to www in wordpress
- → Laravel 5 routing using prefix
- → WordPress - Header position Top, Left &Right
- → how to add rel=nofollow to some specific external links in wordpress
- → octobercms install error: database is not empty?
- → How to edit the index page of wordpress theme?
- → How to select a Post Type (Wordpress) to pass a filter in head?
- → What sort of URL structure should be used to display AMP HTML vs vanilla HTML