Is It Possible To Embed Gecko Or Webkit In A Windows Form Just Like A WebView?
I'd love to know if there is such a thing as a Gecko.NET ;) I mean, just like we can embed a WebView and that is an "instance" of IE7 inside any Windows Forms application (and tell it to
navigateto(fancy_url);). I'd love to use Firefox or WebKit.
Anybody tried this?
UPDATE: Please bear in mind that although it is possible to embed Gecko using the mentioned controls, it is still impossible to print while using Gecko.
UPDATE March 2010: It’s still not possible to print natively using GeckoFX, however a couple of methods exist that may be enough, depending upon what you’re trying to do. See: http://geckofx.org/viewtopic.php?id=796 for more information.
UPDATE October 2013: I am no longer doing Windows development so I have no interest in this, but seems like the development of Gecko can be found here: https://bitbucket.org/geckofx and it seems to be recently updated. Leaving this here for future Windows devs ;)
UPDATE January 2017: I have gotten an email from a company called TeamDev. They created a Chromium-based .NET browser component called "DotNetBrowser" which can be used to display modern web pages in Windows Forms applications.
To quote the email directly:
Here are some details about the component, which might be helpful:
- DotNetBrowser is based on Chromium, thus supporting HTML5, CSS3, JS and the latest web standards. The underlying Chromium version of the library is regularly updated.
- The component is suitable for WPF as well as Windows Forms desktop applications, and works both for C# and VB.NET.
- The library is licensed commercially, however free licences are provided for Open Source and academic projects.
Disclaimer:I have not used this DotNetBrowser for I no longer do Windows Development but may be worth checking if you're looking for a solution to this.
This is a nice .NET-wrapped version of Gecko
- → How to Fire Resize event after all images resize
- → URL routing requires /Home/Page?page=1 instead of /Home/Page/1
- → Getting right encoding from HTTPContext
- → How to create a site map using DNN and C#
- → I want integrate shopify into my mvc 4 c# application
- → Bootstrap Nav Collapse via Data Attributes Not Working
- → Shopify api updating variants returned error
- → ASP.NET C# SEO for each product on detail page on my ECOMMERCE site
- → SEO Meta Tags From Behind Code - C#
- → How to implement search with two terms for a collection?