Is It Possible To Add Shopify App To Already Existing Ruby On Rails Web App?
I want to integrate my web app with Shopify which means I have to create my own Shopify app. I noticed that Shopify requires self hosting so it would benefit me to add the Shopify app as part of my already existing web app because I can host it together.
Does this seem possible or do I have to make a desperate application?
It should totally be possible to add a shopify app to your existing ruby on rails project.
If you look at https://github.com/Shopify/shopify_app all you have to do is add in
shopify_app to your gem file and then generate the proper routes. You can use their built-in generators or manually make the routes yourself.
Basically you would just need to make additional routes for your existing application to handle the requests to and from Shopify.
- → Trigger a click with jQuery using link_to of rails 4
- → Adding html data attribute to simple_forms input
- → How to remove parameters from the root URL if it does I18n
- → passing parameters to rails back end from an ajax call
- → Blocking ?page= in robots.txt
- → react js and rails Updating state on a component with active record relationship
- → State not passed into prop
- → Cannot read property 'modalIsOpen' of undefined
- → Objects not valid issue
- → How to map API params to model
- → Consuming webhooks shopify-api
- → How to add ScriptTag on shopify_api gem?