In The Django Admin Interface, Is There A Way To Duplicate An Item?
Just wondering if there is an easy way to add the functionality to duplicate an existing listing in the admin interface?
In data entry we have run into a situation where a lot of items share generic data with another item, and to save time it would be very nice to quickly duplicate an existing listing and only alter the changed data. Using a better model structure would be one way of reducing the duplication of the data, but there may be situation where the duplicated data needs to be changed on an individual basis in the future.
You can save as by just enabling adding this to your ModelAdmin:
save_as = True
This replaces the "Save and add another" button with a "Save as" button. "Save as" means the object will be saved as a new object (with a new ID), rather than the old object.
- → What are the pluses/minuses of different ways to configure GPIOs on the Beaglebone Black?
- → Django, code inside <script> tag doesn't work in a template
- → React - Django webpack config with dynamic 'output'
- → GAE Python app - Does URL matter for SEO?
- → Put a Rendered Django Template in Json along with some other items
- → session disappears when request is sent from fetch
- → Python Shopify API output formatted datetime string in django template
- → Shopify app: adding a new shipping address via webhook
- → Shopify + Python library: how to create new shipping address
- → shopify python api: how do add new assets to published theme?
- → Access 'HTTP_X_SHOPIFY_SHOP_API_CALL_LIMIT' with Python Shopify Module