Https://appr.tc Is Down. How To Set Up Own Signaling Server/ Room Server URL?
I'd developed a video calling app on Android using WebRTC and was using the https://appr.tc as the signaling server (Room Server URL). But according to https://groups.google.com/g/discuss-webrtc/c/H7XuZfgkGH0 apprtc is now taken down. When I run the AppRTC demo app I get the following error:
Connection Error Non-200 response to POST to URL: https://appr.tc/join/room_id32864 : HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Could someone please show the way on how to change the Room Server URL or setup my own Room Server URL? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
The source code of apprtc remains available on github: https://github.com/webrtc/apprtc
You might want to read this blog post about whether to use it though: https://bloggeek.me/webrtc-signaling-server-not-use-apprtc/ The project has been effectively abandoned for years and you will have a hard time finding support.
- → Live webRTC audio waveform
- → Signaling, firewall and NAT traversal simplewebRTC
- → Unable to run a Screen share chrome app using electron
- → WebRTC screen capture is still unsafe even if HTTPS is used
- → WebRTC pause and resume stream
- → YUV video displaying on CardboardView
- → Failed to set remote video description send parameters on native IOS
- → How to implement webRTC for iOS mobile app creating 1 to 1 Call (Video and Audio)?
- → Video stream is paused in iOS Safari 11 WebRTC/getUserMedia when in background?
- → Failed to bind EAGLDrawable in WebRTC react native
- → iOS - Trigger outgoing VOIP Call on clicking the caller in the native iOS Recent call table view
- → android lollipop webrtc webview app
- → Unable to open camera service in WebRTC Video calling