How To Schedule A Python Function To Run Every Hour At Specific Minute (ex 00, 10, 20) With Apscheduler
I try to schedule a function within my script to run at a specific minute every hour, i.e. if my script starts running at 11.46 my function to run at 11.50, 12.00, 12.10 etc and to do the same thing if it fails and restarts. I have seen that it is possible to do this with cron from command line but is there a way to do it while the script is running with a scheduler?
I have already created a scheduler which runs every 10 minutes after my script starts, but I want my function to run on specific minutes not just specific intervals.
from apscheduler.schedulers.background import BackgroundScheduler import atexit def demo_job: print("test") try: sched = BackgroundScheduler(daemon=True) sched.add_job(demo_job, trigger='interval', minutes=10) sched.start() atexit.register(lambda: sched.shutdown(wait=False)) except: print("Unexpected error:")
If my script starts running at 11.47 the first scheduled call of my function is at 11.57, the next at 12.07, 12.17 etc... I want the first run to be at 12.00, the next at 12.10, 12.20 etc
You can try using the cron trigger.
sched.add_job( demo_job, trigger='cron', minute='*/10', hour='*' )
*/10 will fire the job at every tenth minute, starting from the minimum value. Crontab ref
- → What are the pluses/minuses of different ways to configure GPIOs on the Beaglebone Black?
- → Django, code inside <script> tag doesn't work in a template
- → React - Django webpack config with dynamic 'output'
- → GAE Python app - Does URL matter for SEO?
- → Put a Rendered Django Template in Json along with some other items
- → session disappears when request is sent from fetch
- → Python Shopify API output formatted datetime string in django template
- → Shopify app: adding a new shipping address via webhook
- → Shopify + Python library: how to create new shipping address
- → shopify python api: how do add new assets to published theme?
- → Access 'HTTP_X_SHOPIFY_SHOP_API_CALL_LIMIT' with Python Shopify Module