How To Restrict NULL Input Parameters Into Oracle Stored Procedure
I have writtent some Oracle storedprocedures in these there are more then 20 input parameters and from them morethen 10 parameters are required , I want all with some value and do not want to accept null values for that , Is there anything that I can declare in the Procedure defination itself which can restrict null input parameter or Will I have to check for each value and Raise the exception if the required value is null ?
In PL/SQL I don't know of a way around checking each one.
If you are calling the stored procedure from an external library, that library might have that functionality. This is probably not likely because frequently NULL input parameters are required.
You could make a helper PL/SQL procedure that, given a value, will raise an exception if it is null to save on redundant code. You could then write a chunk of perl/python/groovy that would slurp up your procedure declaration and crank out these calls to your null check procedure.
- → what is function of default tables in ORCL database
- → prevent from insert empty array into database. PHP
- → Oracle varchar not equal statement
- → Declaring variable in PL/SQL when Commit transaction
- → How often do db specific error codes change
- → Update Column value for all rows in Table where Column Value Is Null?
- → how to get the oracle database version from dump file
- → Full Path Database Query
- → SQL Query to find the product of values in same column
- → Oracle to mysql
- → How to insert blob using camel SQL component with Oracle Database
- → Relational Database (1 table per user for owned game)
- → Impact and Implications of drop table in Oracle