How To Reduce Size Of Html Rendered From ASP.net?
I'm developing a newsletter in asp.net that will be send to a large quantity of users, so each kilobyte that I can reduce will help a lot in the use of bandwidth consumption, what I do until know is write the aspx excluding some spaces between tags, and before render, i've renamed some controls ids to "-" to save more space. So now, the file has 50kb. I need a file with 25 Kb.
Can anyone teach me any other way do save more space ?
ps.: I Use 3 divs with some data, and 2 repeaters, one inside other, to generate a table with some data for me.
EDIT: I've disabled viewstate, and remove unnecessary divs, I'll try to verify if gzip is enabled in IIS.
thanks in advance
Make sure HTTP compression is enabled. It will help to reduce the amount of HTML, but enabling HTTP compression will give more than the marginal improvements you're likely to see.
There are different ways to enable compression, depending on your version of IIS. For instance, in IIS 6.0, you can manually edit metabase.xml or run:
cscript adsutil.vbs set w3svc/filters/compression/parameters/HcDoDynamicCompression true
You can check HTTP headers to verify that compression is enabled using something like https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3829/ Live HTTP Headers for Firefox. Check your headers for "Content-Encoding: gzip".
- → How to Fire Resize event after all images resize
- → URL routing requires /Home/Page?page=1 instead of /Home/Page/1
- → Getting right encoding from HTTPContext
- → How to create a site map using DNN and C#
- → I want integrate shopify into my mvc 4 c# application
- → Bootstrap Nav Collapse via Data Attributes Not Working
- → Shopify api updating variants returned error
- → ASP.NET C# SEO for each product on detail page on my ECOMMERCE site
- → SEO Meta Tags From Behind Code - C#
- → How to implement search with two terms for a collection?