How To Recover All Deleted Local Files Which Were Deleted Using Command (Git Checkout ...)?
I had a project which I wanted to push to Git. So I create a local repo (
git init). I had a
.gitignore in remote repo so I couldn't push my local files to remote. So I did
git checkout origin/master, and all my local files are gone.
Is there any way to recover them?
Here's what I have done:
git init git add . git commit -m "Initial commit" git push origin master (failed) git checkout origin/master
git commit -m "Initial commit" step actually completed successfully, then your local
master should have all your work. You may switch to that branch to verify this:
git checkout master
I don't know why you thought to checkout
origin/master. This is the remote tracking branch, and it doesn't really have anything to do with your current problem. You need to resolve the reason why your pushes are being rejected.
- → Authenticate with a cookie using laravel 5.1 and jwt
- → Finding a specific GitLab tag from PHP
- → React: How to publish page on server using React-starter-kit
- → babel-loader, webpack, ES2015 modules: "Element type is invalid"
- → Create a function-attribute of a function, which is, in its turn, a method of an object literal
- → Model Validation in laravel 5.1 not working
- → GIT fatal: loose object
- → Laravel validation required rule not working
- → Axios array map callback
- → Where does this `webpack://` come from for `webpack-dev-middleware`?
- → error when trying to modify project in laravel forge
- → GitHub Pages and Jekyll content duplication and SEO issues
- → Use Laravel repositories with Datatables