How To Get The Column Header Of A Particular Column In Numpy
I have the following data
admit_data = np.genfromtxt('/content/drive/My Drive/Colab/admission_predict.csv', delimiter=',')
What I need is to get some particular column header. I am using the following code to get the data. But not able to get those column name
Is there any function like
.tolist() so that I can extract only that column's name?
Added sample data format
Firstly, you need to get the column names from the
np.genfromtxt(), e.g. by specifying
names=True, then the names of the columns end up in the
import numpy as np data = np.genfromtxt( io.StringIO('A,B,C\n1,2,3\n4,5,6'), dtype=None, names=True, delimiter=',', encoding='utf8') print(data) # [(1, 2, 3) (4, 5, 6)] print(data.dtype.names) # ('A', 'B', 'C')
However, please note that with
data[1:] you are not selecting columns, but rows! To select the rows, you have to use one of the
print(data[1:]) # [(4, 5, 6)] print(data['A']) # [1 4] print(data[['A', 'B']]) # [(1, 2) (4, 5)]
and more advanced indexing are actually a bit cumbersome:
# print(data.shape) # (2,) print(data[1:]) # 5
On the other hand, Pandas would offer a much more direct syntax and that is one of the main reasons for it to be the preferred tools for this use case:
import pandas as pd df = pd.read_csv(io.StringIO('A,B,C\n1,2,3\n4,5,6')) print(df['A']) # 0 1 # 1 4 # Name: A, dtype: int64 print(df['A']) # 1
- → What are the pluses/minuses of different ways to configure GPIOs on the Beaglebone Black?
- → Django, code inside <script> tag doesn't work in a template
- → React - Django webpack config with dynamic 'output'
- → GAE Python app - Does URL matter for SEO?
- → Put a Rendered Django Template in Json along with some other items
- → session disappears when request is sent from fetch
- → Python Shopify API output formatted datetime string in django template
- → Shopify app: adding a new shipping address via webhook
- → Shopify + Python library: how to create new shipping address
- → shopify python api: how do add new assets to published theme?
- → Access 'HTTP_X_SHOPIFY_SHOP_API_CALL_LIMIT' with Python Shopify Module