How To Get Current User In Forms?
I have a form in my Django project. In this form I can assign person. This is my form:
class AssignForm(forms.ModelForm): user = forms.ModelChoiceField( queryset=UserProfile.objects.filter(is_active=True) label=_(u'User') ) class Meta: model = Customer fields = ('user',)
I want to add another filter in this form. It is
company. I get a list of all users in this form but I want to just listing the users that belongs to current user's company.
So it should be :
queryset=UserProfile.objects.filter(is_active=True, company = current_user.company)
But I cannot get requests from forms. How can I handle it?
You override the constructor of the form with:
class AssignForm(forms.ModelForm): user = forms.ModelChoiceField( queryset=UserProfile.objects.filter(is_active=True) label=_(u'User') ) def __init__(self, *args, user=None, **kwargs): super().__init__(*args, **kwargs) if user is not None: self.fields['user'].queryset = UserProfile.objects.filter( is_active=True, company__userprofile=user ) class Meta: model = Customer fields = ('user',)
Then in the view you pass the logged in user:
from django.contrib.auth.decorators import login_required @login_required def my_view(request): if request.method == 'POST': form = AssignForm(request.POST, request.FILES, user=request.user) # … else: form = AssignForm(user=request.user) # …
- → What are the pluses/minuses of different ways to configure GPIOs on the Beaglebone Black?
- → Django, code inside <script> tag doesn't work in a template
- → React - Django webpack config with dynamic 'output'
- → GAE Python app - Does URL matter for SEO?
- → Put a Rendered Django Template in Json along with some other items
- → session disappears when request is sent from fetch
- → Python Shopify API output formatted datetime string in django template
- → Shopify app: adding a new shipping address via webhook
- → Shopify + Python library: how to create new shipping address
- → shopify python api: how do add new assets to published theme?
- → Access 'HTTP_X_SHOPIFY_SHOP_API_CALL_LIMIT' with Python Shopify Module