How To Filter The Data Sent To A Shopify Webhook?
While creating a webhook for Shopify 'Order creation' event, how can I filter the data that is sent in the POST request JSON? It tends to send all the data by default, which includes lots of customer information which I don't want to share with the webhook. I couldn't find any option in the Admin dashboard.
Shopify just sends the whole order. If you want to limit that you could write your own webhook receiver and then filter and re-post the filtered data.
Some really low cost infrastructure for that would be an AWS Lambda function.
Rewind has a nice post showing the AWS setup needed for that which posts the webhooks to a queue to serialize downstream processing and handle spikes. You should be able to leverage their example to filter and there are tons of examples of how to post the filtered data on the internet.
- → Does anyone know how to solve IP canonicalization with shopify platform?
- → How can I add a featured image from a blog post to my homepage on shopify
- → Shopify - Get list of product from a specific collection
- → Shopify webhooks not wanted
- → Comparing two large files are taking over four hours
- → Need "add to cart" button price to update with correct amount depending on what checkbox is checked
- → How to append a variable inside another vaiable name in liquid html
- → GET /admin/webhooks.json returns an empty array
- → How to give border to to current displaying border
- → Shopify background image
- → Dynamic Attribute Names in Shopify Cart
- → What after added shopify store into shipstation