How To Create Product Attributes On Shopify Store?
I'm new to development on Shopify. I have experience with Magento store.
On Magento you could create product attributes like:
- short description
- additional title
Basically whatever you wanted to show up on product page or on product listing you could add.
On Shopify I dont see such an option. It has variants, but variants affect pricing and weight. I just need to output some additional info about the product and be able to call on it through a forloop.
Any ideas? Maybe some kind of plugin?
I found something about shopify meta fields: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1odr-fmWAk
It seems very strange that this is not a baked into Shopify store directly.
Found some apps if anybody wonders: https://apps.shopify.com/metafields-editor-2?surface_detail=metafields&surface_inter_position=1&surface_intra_position=1&surface_type=search
and Chrome plugins:
and Chrome plugins:
Additional information outside of the scope of the content that must be different for each product can only be done via metafields. ( or complex liquid logic )
So if you like to add different information for each separate product you should look into a Metafield app for Shopify: https://apps.shopify.com/search?q=metafields&st_source= ( there are free ones as well )
Other options will be to use pages with the same name of the product, section with blocks where you can select the product and enter the content in a richtext field... But all of these will require additional steps for the administrator, and if you are not building this for yourself it's recommended to use an Metafield App instead.
- → Inline JS callback syntax Vs Internal JS callback syntax
- → Populating array with items from different HTML attributes
- → How do you know what fields are in a Laravel Model?
- → Remove objects from array - Two different approaches, two different results when consulting the length of each array
- → Create a function-attribute of a function, which is, in its turn, a method of an object literal
- → getting all attributes for nested relationships in laravel in one JSON
- → Custom redirect after backend form save
- → Passing objects in actions vs attributes
- → How do I use a router and inbuilt/custom attributes to create dropdown menu in aurelia?
- → Dynamic Attribute Names in Shopify Cart
- → How to set SEO attributes in aurelia
- → Bootstrap Nav Collapse via Data Attributes Not Working
- → Is alt the same as alt=""?