How to allow api access to android or ios app only(laravel)?
I am implementing an api in laravel.
what I want is my api should not be accessible from anywhere except from android/ios app.I googled and came to know that I can make use of API KEY.
But I am not sure is it correct way or not.
Currently using OAuth2 for user authentication.
What you want to do is to create a token for each user, save it in the client's device , verify it in each request that the client makes.
So basically you want to:
- Make a column for the token in the users table
- generate the token when the user registers
- make a login route so that the user would login with his email,password and he will getback the token to store in the device
- make a middleware that would check for the token in each request ( except for the login )
I wrote an article of the exact same thing you want
- → "failed to open stream" error when executing "migrate:make"
- → October CMS Plugin Routes.php not registering
- → OctoberCMS Migrate Table
- → OctoberCMS Rain User plugin not working or redirecting
- → October CMS Custom Mail Layout
- → October CMS - How to correctly route
- → October CMS create a multi select Form field
- → October CMS - Conditionally Load a Different Page
- → How to disable assets combining on development in OctoberCMS
- → October CMS - Radio Button Ajax Click Twice in a Row Causes Content to disappear
- → OctoberCms component: How to display all ID(items) instead of sorting only one ID?
- → In OctoberCMS how do you find the hint path?
- → How to register middlewares in OctoberCMS plugin?