How To Add An Icon To The Right Hand Side Of The MacOS Menu Bar In Electron?
I am a fan of the bitbar project that enables you on MacOS to add menu bar items to the right side of the menu bar like this:
Those icons persist even when the focus is on another window and can give the user live information about services running in the background.
I am building some apps with the Electron Framework and was thinking of wrapping bitbar into my applications, but that seems a little bit over engineered.
Is there a way to add an icon to this side of the menu bar? If not: Does anybody know a good example of such an implementation that includes an installer?
Electron's documentation of the Menu bar doe not indicate it. But maybe I overlooked something or there are other implementations of this MacOS only feature?
user No Grabbing pointed me precisely in the right direction! Thank you!
I was looking with the wrong search parameters: "Tray" seems to be the term i was missing:
Electron actually does already provide an API for that and after testing it i can say: it works out of the box: https://electronjs.org/docs/api/tray
- → Maximum call stack exceeded when instantiating class inside of a module
- → Browserify api: how to pass advanced option to script
- → Node.js Passing object from server.js to external modules?
- → gulp-rename makes copies, but does not replace
- → requiring RX.js in node.js
- → Remove an ObjectId from an array of objectId
- → Can not connect to Redis
- → React: How to publish page on server using React-starter-kit
- → Express - better pattern for passing data between middleware functions
- → Can't get plotly + node.js to stream data coming through POST requests
- → IsGenerator implementation
- → Async/Await not waiting
- → (Socket.io on nodejs) Updating div with mysql data stops without showing error