How To Add A Constant Column When Replicating A Database?
I am using SQL Server 2000 and I have two databases that both replicate (transactional push subscription) to a single database. I need to know which database the records came from.
So I want to add a fixed column specified in the publication to my table so I can tell which database the row originated from.
How do I go about doing this?
I would like to avoid altering the main databases mostly due to the fact there are many tables I would need to do this to. I was hoping for some built in feature of replication that would do this for me some where. Other than that I would go with the view idea.
So the solution for me was to set up the replication publications to allow transformations and create a DTS package for each site that appends the siteid into the tables to keep the ids unique as I can't use guids.
- → How to make Laravel use my class instead of native PDO?
- → SQL: simple custom column in select doesn't work?
- → How to execute Stored Procedure from Laravel
- → Which database engine type should be specified for Microsoft SQL Database in Laravel?
- → How to troubleshoot PDOException?
- → laravel sql server stored procedure output
- → Issue with converting a date using Carbon
- → SQL microsoft query to Laravel 4.2
- → General error 20018 Cannot Continue the file execution because the session is in the Kill state
- → List names of all available MS SQL databases on server using python
- → Variable which replace DB of name in SSMS
- → Java: database connection. Where is my mistake?
- → How Can I use "Date" Datatype in sql server?