How Firebase Push Notification Is Send To Device
I am trying to figure out how Firebase connect to specific devices and send message to it. I now how to use Firebase and send notification to registed devices from my backend server but i don't know how is it working internally. Is firebase severs using persisted connection between device and server? What kind of tehnology is it using?
For now i am mostly interested in Android devices and how firebase wake up device even with background tasks restrictions.
FCM is able to wake a device because the message is actually received by software components that come with Play services, which operates with elevated privileges. Play services can choose to wake the device and deliver the message to the target app.
The FCM software in Play services keeps a persistent socket connection open to its backend under normal circumstances. If it gets connection is dropped, it has logic to reestablish the connection without taxing the battery too much.
- → should I choose reactjs+f7 or f7+vue.js?
- → Phonegap Android write to sd card
- → Local reference jquery script in nanohttpd (Android)
- → Click to navigate on mobile devices
- → How to allow api access to android or ios app only(laravel)?
- → Access the Camera and CameraRoll on Android using React Native?
- → React native change listening port
- → What is the default unit of style in React Native?
- → Google play market autocomplete icon
- → Warning: Each child in an array or iterator should have a unique "key" prop. Check the render method of `ListView`
- → Using Laravel with Genymotion
- → react native using like web-based ajax function
- → react native pdf View