How Do I Use Firebase Ml Kit With Xamarin.forms?
I am trying to make an app in Xamarin.forms that needs to be able to detect text from images, and I decided to use Firebase ML Kit. How do I use ML Kit with Xamarin.forms, not just Xamarin android? If I can't, is there an alternative I can use with Xamarin iOS?
I can't see any Firebase MLKit package for Xamarin.Forms. There are only packages for Xamarin.Firebase.ML.Vision->Xamarin.Android and Xamarin.Firebase.iOS.MLKit->Xamarin.IOS.
I think you should use alternatives like Microsoft Cognitive Service-> Computer Vision or Tesseract package. I had a change to implement both and Azure service's recognition is much better than Terresact. On the other hand Tesseract has an advantage, it can work offline and faster.
There are 2 ways to implement Microsoft Cognitive Service. First one is using their packages and other one is using rest service. Similar result. Tesseract is offline, so you should use its package.
- → React Native with visual studio 2015 IDE
- → Where to find example Visual Studio 2015 project(s) using typescript and React?
- → How to configure Visual Studio 2015 to write JSX in ASP.NET 5 (RC) with intellisense
- → How to make this simple TypeScript + React app work with Visual Studio 2015?
- → Format liquid(Shopify) code in visual studio code
- → Typescript intellisense without emitting require
- → How to display shopify free them output on my laptop using visual studio code?
- → Visual Studio Code - how to debug node.js routes?
- → Visual Studio cordova, simple way to "live reload" on Android devices?
- → --allow-live terminal command for shopify development
- → compile typescript with a visual studio code task, specifying the output directory
- → How to highlight all symbol appearances in python code with PTVS?
- → What is the location of the Python tools for Visual Studio?