How Do I Tell When A CUPS Print Jobs Has Been Completed Plus Info About That Job?
I need to know each time a Mac print job is created/completed, plus some information about that job (what was printed, pages, copies, etc).
The best method I've come up with thus far is to use kqueue() on /var/spool/cups/ and then parse the c##### files as they're created, but I'm wondering if there's a better way.
I'd think about creating a filter that you can put into the CUPS pipeline that collects this information and stores it for you (say in a database). Then you can access the database to get the information using any standard database access mechanism. Basically the filter is just a command-line program that gets a number of parameters passed to it from CUPS and needs to read input on stdin and write it to stdout. You can find more information at http://www.cups.org/documentation.php/api-filter.html.
- → Issues installing composer correctly on OS X El Capitan
- → cant install composer and laravel (mac el capitano)
- → PhpStorm highlighting Laravel blade incorrectly on Mac? Was ok on old PC
- → Shopify's 'slate' package not running after installation
- → Slow response times: Laravel 5.2 in Docker container
- → fail (backjumping, conflict set: cardano-crypto-class)
- → Clean up the Python installation
- → How can I install PyQt5 on Mac?
- → Why git status shows same file twice?
- → Can't install or run OpenShift RHC client tools on MAC OS X
- → Failed to execute git - VS Code?
- → git status is reporting files it should ignore
- → phyton3 pip and pyautogui install mac -remove broken python