How Do I Direct All Traffic Or Searches Going To Duplicate (or Similar URLs) To One URL On Our Website?
I'll try to keep this as simple as possible, as i don't quite understand how to frame the question entirely correctly myself.
We have a report back on our website that is indicating duplicate meta titles and descriptions, which look very much (almost exactly) like the following - although i have used an example domain below:
http://example.com/green https://example.com/green http://www.example.com/green https://www.example.com/green
But, only one of these actually exists as an HTML file on our server, which is:
As i understand it, i need to somehow tell google and other search engines which of these URLs is correct, and this should be done by specifying a 'canonical' link or URL.
My problem is that the canonical reference must apparently be added to any duplicate pages that exist, and not the actual main canonical page? But we don't actually have any other pages, beyond the one mentioned just above. So there is nowhere to set these canonical rel references?
I'm sure there must be a simple explanation for this that i am completely missing?
So it turns out that these were duplicate URLs which occur as a result of the fact that our website exists as a subdomain of our domain. Any traffic that arrives at example.com (our domain) needs permanent redirect to https://www.example.com, by way of a redirect within the htaccess documentation.
- → search array without duplicates React.js
- → Bigcommerce Repeating url
- → Does google consider pdf or doc pages and html pages as a duplicate issue?
- → Most efficient method to check for range of numbers within number without duplicates
- → Do Google SEO Content Keywords matter and should I remove sidebar content?-
- → Create an Angularjs web form that duplicates but doesn't clone
- → laravel firstOrCreate not working properly?
- → Apache regex -301 redirects to eradicate duplicates in url path
- → how to get most differents string from a list
- → Is it correct to use hreflang in link alternate tags to suggest region-specific alternatives, to evade them being determined duplicates?
- → How do I direct all traffic or searches going to duplicate (or similar URLs) to one URL on our website?
- → How do I fix ".htaccess RewriteRule results in duplicated pages"