How Can I Perform A HEAD Request With The Mechanize Library?
I know how to do a HEAD request with httplib, but I have to use mechanize for this site.
Essentially, what I need to do is grab a value from the header (filename) without actually downloading the file.
Any suggestions how I could accomplish this?
Mechanize itself only sends GETs and POSTs, but you can easily extend the Request class to send HEAD. Example:
import mechanize class HeadRequest(mechanize.Request): def get_method(self): return "HEAD" request = HeadRequest("http://www.example.com/") response = mechanize.urlopen(request) print response.info()
- → What are the pluses/minuses of different ways to configure GPIOs on the Beaglebone Black?
- → Django, code inside <script> tag doesn't work in a template
- → React - Django webpack config with dynamic 'output'
- → GAE Python app - Does URL matter for SEO?
- → Put a Rendered Django Template in Json along with some other items
- → session disappears when request is sent from fetch
- → Python Shopify API output formatted datetime string in django template
- → Shopify app: adding a new shipping address via webhook
- → Shopify + Python library: how to create new shipping address
- → shopify python api: how do add new assets to published theme?
- → Access 'HTTP_X_SHOPIFY_SHOP_API_CALL_LIMIT' with Python Shopify Module