How Can I Make Sure To Fetch Only The X Most Recent Posts In DB?
I am trying to fiigure out how exacly I should make sure that I only fetch the most recent x posts from the DB.
My current fetch methods work as follows:
GetPeopleIFollowAnd loop over each UID For each UID fetch his posts
By doing this however I cant efficiently (quickly) fetch only the most recent x posts. How can I do this?
Some possible ideas I have:
- Create a new Node which, every time that one of your followers makes a post, they will be added beneath your UID with a timeStamp. So When I fetch I loop through this FollowersWhoCreatedRecently for each UID and only do so for the first 10
Problems I see with the above solution is that if a user were to have a millions of people following them this would be horribly slow when it comes to updating every single one of those million
My DB structure for posts is as follows
Post UID postID Media media image: URL
Based in a follower structure like:
I would have to, every time a user posts, loop through this list where for each user I would add the post to there timeLine... That seems undoable, and yet that what it seems they are doing here.
On Realtime Database, you can make use of
limitToLast() method, you can then pass how many elements you want to bring, this method will fetch the last information that has been added in a node, since the documents are ordered with a timestamp, if you fetch them with
limitToLast(10) you can get the last 10 posts of a user.
If you are working with a List of posts, you can invert the list when showing it to the user, doing this, you will see the most recent data first and the old data below.
- → How can I query Firebase for an equalTo boolean parameter?
- → How can I access nested data in Firebase with React?
- → Firebase simple blog (confused with security rules)
- → Removing item in Firebase with React, re-render returns item undefined
- → AngularJS Unknown Provider Error (Firebase & AngularFire)
- → How do you pass top level component state down to Routes using react-router?
- → "this" is null in firebase query function in reactjs
- → Angular Module Failed to Load
- → Multiple dex files define Lcom/google/android/gms/internal/zzrx;
- → Joining Firebase tables in React
- → How can I make add firepad to my reactjs project?
- → How to use Cloud Functions for Firebase to prerender pages for SEO?
- → React.js component has null state?