How Can I Install OctoberCMS With PHP Version 5.x?
I have Windows 10, Xampp installed with PHP Version 5.x and I want to install OctoberCMS with Installation wizard https://octobercms.com/docs/setup/installation but I noticed that OctoberCMS requires PHP 7.0 or higher to achieve this and I have version 5.x.
So How can I install OctoberCMS with PHP Version 5.x ?
OK Guys, Eventually I have come up with the solution to install OctoberCMS with PHP Version 5.x.
Remember, these steps can be varied based on your operating system and the things which you have installed in your system.
- First go to OctoberCMS Change log - https://octobercms.com/changelog and find Build 419 has the php version 5.x support.
- Then go to OctoberCMS release list - https://github.com/octobercms/october/releases and click on the version you need to install which is v1.0.419. Install the zip to the root of xampp/htdocs and extract the folder.
- Then inside the same folder which extracted, run this
- After this, run
php artisan october:env.. You can run
C:\xampp\php\php.exe artisan october:envif you are having an error php is not recognized as an internal or external command.
php artisan october:env,
.envfile is created. There you need to modify your database settings like database name, port (put 3306 for localhost etc) by opening this file which will be in same folder.
- Then run
php artisan october:upor
C:\xampp\php\php.exe artisan october:up. It will create database tables and your admin user will be created with User: admin, Password: admin (You can change this after logging IN). And backend url will be something like http://example.com/backend.
- Once its done, you can cut paste all your extracted folder files to root .. like from
Hope this helps.
- → "failed to open stream" error when executing "migrate:make"
- → October CMS Plugin Routes.php not registering
- → OctoberCMS Migrate Table
- → OctoberCMS Rain User plugin not working or redirecting
- → October CMS Custom Mail Layout
- → October CMS - How to correctly route
- → October CMS create a multi select Form field
- → October CMS - Conditionally Load a Different Page
- → How to disable assets combining on development in OctoberCMS
- → October CMS - Radio Button Ajax Click Twice in a Row Causes Content to disappear
- → OctoberCms component: How to display all ID(items) instead of sorting only one ID?
- → In OctoberCMS how do you find the hint path?
- → How to register middlewares in OctoberCMS plugin?