How Can I Get A History Of The Number Of Pages In Google's Index For A Particular Site?
A Google search for "site:example.com" will tell you the number of pages of example.com that are currently in Google's index. Is it possible to find out how this number has changed over time?
I set up a Python script as a cron job to parse the result from the Google results page and save it. I set it to run once per day for each of a set of sites. I wrote another script to produce a CSV spreadsheet from the data. I can open that in a spreadsheet program and quickly make charts to visualise trends.
I have similar scripts for monitoring PageRank.
This will still only give me data from the day I begin checking. I do not know of a way to access historical values.
- → How do I call the value from another backed page form and use it on a component in OctoberCms
- → Inline JS callback syntax Vs Internal JS callback syntax
- → Prevent form action from being followed by robots
- → How to remove parameters from the root URL if it does I18n
- → SEO Canonical URL in Greek characters
- → Htaccess negation
- → Wrapping anchor elements with text
- → Adding schema.org to site
- → dynamic php title depends on page id and using of "if (isset"
- → Building sitemap for 2 wordpress install under 1 domain
- → Bigcommerce Repeating url
- → 301 Redirection from no-www to www in wordpress
- → Wrapper inside or outside HTML5 semantics main, which is best practice?