Google Play Console, Internal Test Releases Send Back Analytics Data From Real Devices, Is It Ok?
We have recently start to frequently use Google Play Console internal test to release our app to QA people before publishing. Seconds after every internal test release, we start receiving real-time analytics (GA and Fabric) for the new unreleased versions, from all over the world, by multiple real devices. Our QA team is too small to explain that, also the devices models does not match.
My question is, does Google run automatic tests on every Play Console release, also internal tests, on physical devices? Or is there something I should investigate better?
If Google does that, can I do something to avoid "fake" data, other than muting any analytics with build flags? I prefer to avoid it, since we usually "promote" internal tests to public releases when they are ok, directly from the Play Console without making a new build.
does Google run automatic tests on every Play Console release, also internal tests, on physical devices?
They run automated tests, yes, see the quote at the bottom of my answer. No they don't use physical devices. They use emulated devices configured to represent real users, hence you see different locations.
can I do something to avoid "fake" data, other than muting any analytics with build flags?
I'm not sure, since the point of these tests is to simulate real use. You can however tell google not to test your app this way, as you have pointed out in the comments. See "Disable pre-launch reports" in the console for more information.
After you upload and publish a test APK or app bundle, test devices will automatically launch and crawl your app for several minutes. The crawl will perform basic actions every few seconds on your app, such as typing, tapping, and swiping.
- → should I choose reactjs+f7 or f7+vue.js?
- → Phonegap Android write to sd card
- → Local reference jquery script in nanohttpd (Android)
- → Click to navigate on mobile devices
- → How to allow api access to android or ios app only(laravel)?
- → Access the Camera and CameraRoll on Android using React Native?
- → React native change listening port
- → What is the default unit of style in React Native?
- → Google play market autocomplete icon
- → Warning: Each child in an array or iterator should have a unique "key" prop. Check the render method of `ListView`
- → Using Laravel with Genymotion
- → react native using like web-based ajax function
- → react native pdf View