Google Does Not Index My Multi-language Website
We are about to officially launch Cleanfox : www.cleanfox.io
The issue that Google indexes the website only in English and when I look at the search results on Google.fr, the indexed content is in English.
I have gone through all the required stuff on both the Google Webmaster Console adding both FR and EN. I added hreflang attributes in both meta and links (the two links that lead to another language)... But nothing happens, all the content is just indexed in English.
The problem is that you are using the same URL for both languages (see answer with more details).
hreflang you should point to translations of the current document, but you always seem to point to
/fr (which then redirects to
/). So for example, the following declaration on
https://www.cleanfox.io/forest is wrong:
<link rel="alternate" hreflang="fr" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="https://www.cleanfox.io/fr"> <link rel="alternate" hreflang="en" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="https://www.cleanfox.io/en">
/en is a translation of
- → How do I call the value from another backed page form and use it on a component in OctoberCms
- → Inline JS callback syntax Vs Internal JS callback syntax
- → Prevent form action from being followed by robots
- → How to remove parameters from the root URL if it does I18n
- → SEO Canonical URL in Greek characters
- → Htaccess negation
- → Wrapping anchor elements with text
- → Adding schema.org to site
- → dynamic php title depends on page id and using of "if (isset"
- → Building sitemap for 2 wordpress install under 1 domain
- → Bigcommerce Repeating url
- → 301 Redirection from no-www to www in wordpress
- → Wrapper inside or outside HTML5 semantics main, which is best practice?