Google Analytics For Firebase And Google Analytics V4
I’m currently working on an Android application that uses Google Analytics V4 for analysis. This has been working well for a couple of years now and the app reports are available in the dashboard in the Google Analytics interface.
I’m now migrating to Firebase SDK for analytics. I don’t want to lose the data I currently have in the Google Analytics interface.
As per the official documentation here https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/firebase/android/, if I use Firebase SDK for analytics, once the data is captured, it's available in a dashboard in both the Google Analytics interface and the Firebase console.
But I’m confused because I also read in another post that we have to integrate with Google Tag Manager to make data available in both Google Analytics interface and the Firebase console. Android - Google tag Manager with Google Analytics and Firebase Analytics
My questions are:
1) If I switch to Firebase SDK, will my app reports be automatically available on both Google Analytics interface and Firebase console?
2) Do I need to integrate with Google Tag Manager to make data available on both interfaces?
3) If I send custom events using Firebase SDK as follows,
Bundle params = new Bundle(); params.putString(CATEGORY_KEY, "test"); params.putString(ACTION_KEY, event); params.putString(LABEL_KEY, label); params.putLong(VALUE_KEY, duration); mAnalytics.logEvent(EVENT_KEY, params);
will it appear in the Google Analytics interface?
Thanks in advance
- Yes, the Google Analytics for Firebase dashboard is in both the Google Analytics interface and the Firebase console.
- You need to use GTM if you are sending events to an existing GA property - e.g. you want to see a single report with web and mobile.
- Google Analytics for Firebase dashboard, which is in both interfaces.
- → should I choose reactjs+f7 or f7+vue.js?
- → Phonegap Android write to sd card
- → Local reference jquery script in nanohttpd (Android)
- → Click to navigate on mobile devices
- → How to allow api access to android or ios app only(laravel)?
- → Access the Camera and CameraRoll on Android using React Native?
- → React native change listening port
- → What is the default unit of style in React Native?
- → Google play market autocomplete icon
- → Warning: Each child in an array or iterator should have a unique "key" prop. Check the render method of `ListView`
- → Using Laravel with Genymotion
- → react native using like web-based ajax function
- → react native pdf View