Git : Untrack Files Without Remove Git Cache
I try to ignore a folder with
git update-index --skip-worktree command, but it cant mark to S (skip-worktree) files under the folder until i remove git cache.
git rm -r --cached
When i check files with
git ls-files -v all of them still mark with H.
If i remove git cahce, this time, it removes all files from local which are need to be mark S, and files wait in stage to commit.
I try to
gitignore_global but same thing is happen.
I need untrack the folder directory without removing cache or push anything to remote.
Is it possible ?
It sounds like what you want to do is ignore tracked files, and as the Git FAQ mentions, Git has no way to do that.
git update-index is specifically mentioned by the FAQ as not working for that purpose.
If you have build files, they shouldn't be checked into the repository. Git is not an asset store, and not checking build files into the repository will prevent them from being modified when you rebuild.
- → Authenticate with a cookie using laravel 5.1 and jwt
- → Finding a specific GitLab tag from PHP
- → React: How to publish page on server using React-starter-kit
- → babel-loader, webpack, ES2015 modules: "Element type is invalid"
- → Create a function-attribute of a function, which is, in its turn, a method of an object literal
- → Model Validation in laravel 5.1 not working
- → GIT fatal: loose object
- → Laravel validation required rule not working
- → Axios array map callback
- → Where does this `webpack://` come from for `webpack-dev-middleware`?
- → error when trying to modify project in laravel forge
- → GitHub Pages and Jekyll content duplication and SEO issues
- → Use Laravel repositories with Datatables