Git Submodule Update Init
Whenever I clone a git repository with submodules in it, I always run
git submodule update --init and I can see that the repository is checking out each submodule in a specific commit.
How does it know where to point it at and wher ecan I modified that value?
You can see what commit the submodules are pegged to by doing:
git submodule status
Which will give you the list of submodules, where they are, and what sha they are pegged to.
If you want to change this, then you need to go into the submodule checkout the code to the version you want and then commit the change back into the main repository.
- → Authenticate with a cookie using laravel 5.1 and jwt
- → Finding a specific GitLab tag from PHP
- → React: How to publish page on server using React-starter-kit
- → babel-loader, webpack, ES2015 modules: "Element type is invalid"
- → Create a function-attribute of a function, which is, in its turn, a method of an object literal
- → Model Validation in laravel 5.1 not working
- → GIT fatal: loose object
- → Laravel validation required rule not working
- → Axios array map callback
- → Where does this `webpack://` come from for `webpack-dev-middleware`?
- → error when trying to modify project in laravel forge
- → GitHub Pages and Jekyll content duplication and SEO issues
- → Use Laravel repositories with Datatables