Generate Copula-correlated Samples With Specified Marginals In Python
I have N random variables (X1,...,XN) each of which is distributed over a specific marginal (normal, log-normal, Poisson...) and I want to generate a sample of p joint realizations of these variables Xi, given that the variables are correlated with a given Copula, using Python 3. I know that R is a better option but i want to do it in Python.
Following this method I managed to do so with a Gaussian Copula. Now I want to adapt the method to use a Archimedean Copula (Gumbel, Frank...) or a Student Copula. Ath the beginning of the Gaussian copula method, you draw a sample of p realizations from a multivariate normal distribution. To adapt this to another copula, for instance a bivariate Gumbel, my idea is to draw a sample from the joint distribution of a bivariate Gumbel, but I am not sure on how to implement this.
I have tried using several Python 3 packages : copulae, copula and copulas all provide the noption to fit a particular copula to a dataset but do not allow to draw a random sample from a given copula.
Can you provide some algorithmic insight on how to draw multivariate random samples from a given Copula with uniform marginals?
The following code implements the Clayton and AMH copulas. Page 4 of this paper shows how other kinds of copulas can be implemented.
import random import math import scipy.stats as st def clayton(theta, n): v=random.gammavariate(1/theta,1) uf=[random.expovariate(1)/v for _ in range(n)] return [(k+1)**(-1.0/theta) for k in uf] def amh(theta, n): # NOTE: Use SciPy RNG for convenience here v=st.geom(1-theta).rvs() uf=[random.expovariate(1)/v for _ in range(n)] return [(1-theta)/(math.exp(k)-theta) for k in uf]
- → What are the pluses/minuses of different ways to configure GPIOs on the Beaglebone Black?
- → Django, code inside <script> tag doesn't work in a template
- → React - Django webpack config with dynamic 'output'
- → GAE Python app - Does URL matter for SEO?
- → Put a Rendered Django Template in Json along with some other items
- → session disappears when request is sent from fetch
- → Python Shopify API output formatted datetime string in django template
- → Shopify app: adding a new shipping address via webhook
- → Shopify + Python library: how to create new shipping address
- → shopify python api: how do add new assets to published theme?
- → Access 'HTTP_X_SHOPIFY_SHOP_API_CALL_LIMIT' with Python Shopify Module