General Question Regarding Customer/data_request Webhooks
I have designed a app. I have questions regarding customer/data_request webhooks
In what format does Shopify expect app developers to respond to these webhooks?
Should our response be sent back to the merchant's email (even though the customer requested this data)?
As mentioned in the Shopify documentation when a customer requests their data from a store owner, Shopify sends a payload on the customers/data_request topic to the apps installed on that store. If your app has been granted access to customers or orders, then you receive a data request webhook with the resource IDs of the data that you need to provide to the store owner. It's your responsibility to provide this data to the store owner directly.
This means you need to send the data to the merchant/store owner which the merchant needs to process and send the details to the customer. Alternatively, you can create a template and send the details directly to the customer on behalf of the Merchant.
You need to respond back to this webhook with a 200 success response.
- → Does anyone know how to solve IP canonicalization with shopify platform?
- → How can I add a featured image from a blog post to my homepage on shopify
- → Shopify - Get list of product from a specific collection
- → Shopify webhooks not wanted
- → Comparing two large files are taking over four hours
- → Need "add to cart" button price to update with correct amount depending on what checkbox is checked
- → How to append a variable inside another vaiable name in liquid html
- → GET /admin/webhooks.json returns an empty array
- → How to give border to to current displaying border
- → Shopify background image
- → Dynamic Attribute Names in Shopify Cart
- → What after added shopify store into shipstation