For Shopify, I'm Conflicted Between Learning PHP Or Ruby
I'm not sure how to phrase this question that won't get me to hate from you guys but I'm giving it a go. I'm aware of the basic syntax and logic of programming like if statement, variable, type of strings, etc (purely basic) though I'm a little more familiar with PHP.
Now I wanna learn Shopify development, though they don't have direct support for PHP but one can build Shopify apps on Laravel too (so I've heard).
I'm very conflicted between learning either PHP or Ruby because it'll be almost all the same for me and ofcourse I don't wanna learn it just for Shopify.
Anyways, your input will be appreciated.
It really makes no difference. There. I said it. Shopify is so agnostic to the tech stack you choose, it is up to you to decide what works for you.
In fact, Shopify is now so agnostic, their GraphQL based API for Apps eliminates all "my stack beats your stack" crap to nothing. These days, you can safely just focus on wiring it up to work, without offending anyone. Make an HTTPS call to an endpoint, get back data. Process it, act on it, show stuff off. Simple. No need to worry about how you do that. All scripting languages do it.
- → "failed to open stream" error when executing "migrate:make"
- → October CMS Plugin Routes.php not registering
- → OctoberCMS Migrate Table
- → OctoberCMS Rain User plugin not working or redirecting
- → October CMS Custom Mail Layout
- → October CMS - How to correctly route
- → October CMS create a multi select Form field
- → October CMS - Conditionally Load a Different Page
- → How to disable assets combining on development in OctoberCMS
- → October CMS - Radio Button Ajax Click Twice in a Row Causes Content to disappear
- → OctoberCms component: How to display all ID(items) instead of sorting only one ID?
- → In OctoberCMS how do you find the hint path?
- → How to register middlewares in OctoberCMS plugin?