flynsarmy-sociallogin (Facebook api) in octoberCMS - Authentication failed! Facebook returned an invalid user id
I'm using octoberCMS based on Laravel freamwork.
I have installed social plugin, because I would like to have possibility for a sign in with Facebook account on my page.
As instruction in plugin says that:
Go to https://developers.facebook.com/ and click Create a New App in the Apps drop down.
Enter your Display Name (usually your site name) along with any other required fields and click Create App
Copy your App ID and App Secret into the fields below.
On the Settings tab set the Valid OAuth redirect URIs to http://www.example.com/flynsarmy/sociallogin/Facebook
So I have done each steps.
But I got stuck.
I got this when I'm trying to log into website with Facebook account in my log files(directly in back-end/settings/logs/event log :
Authentication failed! Facebook returned an invalid user id. in public_html/plugins/flynsarmy/sociallogin/vendor/hybridauth/hybridauth/hybridauth/Hybrid/Auth.php on line 169
and also when I tried to log into website with facebook account, I have redirected on my login page with
#__=__ (it could be hint to solve a problem) in the end of url.
For example if my login page is:
redirected page is:
And nothing has helped me, Thank You for any help info.
Facebook has recently changed their API and therefore the way how they return the id is now different.
If you can manually update the hybridauth library in the plugin then it should solve the issue, otherwise you will need to report to plugin author and ask him to update hybridauth library in the plugin.
- → "failed to open stream" error when executing "migrate:make"
- → October CMS Plugin Routes.php not registering
- → OctoberCMS Migrate Table
- → OctoberCMS Rain User plugin not working or redirecting
- → October CMS Custom Mail Layout
- → October CMS - How to correctly route
- → October CMS create a multi select Form field
- → October CMS - Conditionally Load a Different Page
- → How to disable assets combining on development in OctoberCMS
- → October CMS - Radio Button Ajax Click Twice in a Row Causes Content to disappear
- → OctoberCms component: How to display all ID(items) instead of sorting only one ID?
- → In OctoberCMS how do you find the hint path?
- → How to register middlewares in OctoberCMS plugin?