Executing Stored Procedure Prints Only The Last Record
CREATE PROCEDURE DISPLAY3 @semester int, @StdName varchar(15) OUTPUT, @LMarks int OUTPUT, @HMarks int OUTPUT AS BEGIN SELECT DISTINCT @StdName = StdName, @HMarks = MAX(sm.MarksObtained), @LMarks = MIN(sm.MarksObtained) FROM std s INNER JOIN stdcourseteacher sct ON sct.StdID = s.StdID INNER JOIN Exam e ON e.SemID = @semester AND e.Topic = 'Final-Term' INNER JOIN StdMarks sm ON sm.StdID = sct.StdID AND e.ExamID = sm.ExamID GROUP BY s.StdName, sm.ExamID END
DECLARE @StdName varchar(15) DECLARE @LMarks int DECLARE @HMarks int EXEC DISPLAY3 6, @StdName OUTPUT, @LMarks OUTPUT, @HMarks OUTPUT PRINT 'Student Name: ' + CONVERT(varchar(15), @StdName) + CHAR(13) PRINT 'Lowest Marks in Final Term of this Semester: ' + CONVERT(varchar(10), @LMarks) PRINT 'Highest Marks in Final Term of this Semester: ' + CONVERT(varchar(10), @LMarks)
Student Name: Waqar Lowest Marks in Final Term of this Semester: 50 Highest Marks in Final Term of this Semester: 50
Waqar is last record, the above records are not printing. I know it has to do something with appending but I got confused while appending because my code has input as well.
Normally you would just return a resultset, and the calling program would display the data. So
create or alter procedure DISPLAY3 @semester int as begin select StdName, HMarks = Max(sm.MarksObtained), LMarks = Min(sm.MarksObtained) from std s inner join stdcourseteacher sct on sct.StdID = s.StdID inner join Exam e on e.SemID = @semester and e.Topic = 'Final-Term' inner join StdMarks sm on sm.StdID = sct.StdID and e.ExamID = sm.ExamID group by s.StdName end
- → How to make Laravel use my class instead of native PDO?
- → SQL: simple custom column in select doesn't work?
- → How to execute Stored Procedure from Laravel
- → Which database engine type should be specified for Microsoft SQL Database in Laravel?
- → How to troubleshoot PDOException?
- → laravel sql server stored procedure output
- → Issue with converting a date using Carbon
- → SQL microsoft query to Laravel 4.2
- → General error 20018 Cannot Continue the file execution because the session is in the Kill state
- → List names of all available MS SQL databases on server using python
- → Variable which replace DB of name in SSMS
- → Java: database connection. Where is my mistake?
- → How Can I use "Date" Datatype in sql server?