Duplicate Notifications With Different Sounds - Push Notification Remote
I am trying to add the custom sound in the push notification. I have added the showNotification in the background handler on the client-side (flutter), but now when the application is in the background or terminated I receive duplicate notifications, one with default sound and the other with my custom sound. Can anyone tell me how to stop showing the default background notification?
You're getting the duplicate notification because
- you're sending a
notification messageand it is automatically displayed by the FCM SDK and,
- you're implementing a custom notification display yourself.
The solution is to send a
data message instead of a
With FCM, you can send two types of messages to clients:
- Notification messages, sometimes thought of as "display messages." These are handled by the FCM SDK automatically.
- Data messages, which are handled by the client app.
- → How do you create a 12 or 24 mnemonics code for multiple cryptocurrencies (ETH, BTC and so on..)
- → Flutter: input text field don't work properly in a simple example..... where am I wrong?
- → Can I customize the code formatting of Dart code in Atom?
- → Is it possible to develop iOS apps with Flutter on a Linux virtual machine?
- → Display SnackBar in Flutter
- → JSON ObjectMapper in Flutter
- → Material flutter app source code
- → TabBarSelection No such method error
- → How do I set the animation color of a LinearProgressIndicator?
- → Add different routes/screens to Flutter app
- → Is there a way to get the size of an existing widget?
- → How to share a file using flutter
- → Is there an easy way to find particular text built from RichText in a Flutter test?